Saturday, January 1, 2011

Shrinky Dink Wiseman

Before...
... and after!

I was introduced to the magical world of Shrinky Dinks about a year ago - and my life will never be the same. For the uninitiated, these are plastic sheets you can draw and paint on, then you bake them in the oven, and they shrink to 1/3 of their original size! Since I got a Christmas tree of my very own for the very first time in 2010, I thought I'd try my hand at some Christmas tree ornaments.

Here is a Wiseman I drew with Prismacolors. He kind of stuck together in the oven, necessitating an emergency rescue mission with forks, but he's (mostly) okay now.

So yeah, Shrinky Dinks, check 'em out! Who knew playing with polymer molecules could be so fun??

2 comments:

Steven Cain said...

I loved Shrinky-Dinks when I was a kid! Ours looked nothing like your Wiseman though... He's wonderful!

Kay said...

so much fun!